National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) 2018
Applications close on 30 November 2017
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) has opened applications for 2018. Before applying you should have decided which course you want to study and at which public university/TVET college. You will need to select these choices in the application form. Applications close on 30 November 2017.
What is NSFAS and what do they offer?
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is a loan and bursary scheme operating in terms of Act 56 of 99 and funded by the National Department of Education. They offer:
- The means to obtain a tertiary qualification
- Loans at low interest rates
- Loans without guarantees
- A reasonable repayment plan.
What is a NSFAS loan?
The money you borrow to cover all the costs associated with your tertiary studies and this money has to be repaid.
You qualify for a NSFAS loan if you are:
- Registered at a South African university or university of technology
- An undergraduate, studying for a first higher educational qualification, or
- Studying for a second higher education qualification, if this is necessary to practise in your chosen profession (e.g. LLB or HDE)
- Able to demonstrate potential for academic success
- In need of financial assistance.
How to apply
For queries contact NSFAS on Share Call: 0860 067 327 | firstname.lastname@example.org
For those of you want to see all learnerships and careers, click link bellow:
You must not apply if:
To apply on the NSFAS website, you will be required to register first to create your personal online account, and then proceed to fill and submit the application form online.Make sure that you have certified and valid copies of the following documents: :
- Your South African identity document/card or, an unabridged birth certificate
- IDs of parents and/or guardian (or death certificate where applicable)
- IDs of each person living with you in your home
- Pay advice/letter of employment/pension advice (not older than three months)
- Please download the consent form and fill it in with your parent/gaurdian’s signatures. Applications without a consent form that is signed by all people whose incomes have been declared in the application will not be accepted, and will be considered as incomplete.
- If you have a disability, please download the Disability Annexure A and fill it in
- You have already applied and have an application reference number
- You are not intending to apply for admission to a public university or TVET college
- You already have NSFAS funding for 2017
- You are not a South African citizen